My Most Awesome Sponsers

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tribute to Amy

This post will be a very personal post, a post that I have been wanting to do since we lost an amazing creator in Second Life just a short time ago.  I just had not been able to really come to grips with it yet.  As most of you know Amy, creator of Alouette, passed away recently of cancer.  Many of you also know that I have been fighting breast cancer since August of last year.  Amy was one of the first people to reach out to me and offer me words of advice and encouragement and even though at one point we lived in the same general area real life we had never met in person or even in SL, I believe it was only through plurk that we had any interactions at all.  Amy was an amazingly strong woman who saw the world through the most beautiful eyes.  Her words to me were so genuine, and I believe you can only truly understand what someone is going through with this nasty disease if you have been there yourself. When her cancer came back and she spoke about having to get her port back in I ached for her and touched my port knowing how much this port truly saved my life and hoped the poison that I truly hope has cured me will cure her once again. Amy fought hard and lost.  She will never know how much she touched me with just a few short words in a few private plurks. 

Little did I know at the time how right her words to me in this private plurk were:
Amy (Scarlet)says
It's definitely a daunting thing. But you will really be amazed at how strong you become at the end of it all.

 I hope that one day I can reach out and be an Amy to someone else.  I have gone through 16 rounds of chemo, three surgeries and today will be day 20 of 35 of my radiation treatments.  Today I will go in as I do most days, thankful for Amy and her words and hold my head high and continue to fight this because even though we didn't know each other I know she is there fighting with me.  You will be forever missed in all worlds Amy!



What I am wearing:

Hair:  Ploom  Sharla 

Dress:  {Lil Big Me} Fairy Garden Short Dress

Ring:  .trinket.  Felt Flower Ring pink

Shoes:  Closet Chickies  Leather Owl Sandals

Pose:  .:Finch:.  Kisses   Kisses3

Memorial:  Dust Bunny  Amy's memorial garden

Fairy Garden:  Alouette  Create your own fairy garden from a previous Arcade that I HAD to have and am so very greatful I do.

As I close this post today I just want to remind you that life is indeed way too short, please never let a moment pass without telling people you love them.  Stop a moment and help someone in need, sit in silence with a friend as they cry.  I know I will beat this dreaded disease and I will work hard to live up to Amy's words as she told me never stop fighting.  And please stop by at some point in your daily TP's to Alouette and keep her store open as long as we can the future of all SL shoppers need her amazing talent.  I know not many ever comment on blog posts, but if she touched you and you want to share I would love to see it!  Or if you need someone to talk to I would love to listen.


❥♡❤ღ,
   Kymber


3 comments:

  1. I love you my forever sissy. This is a truly touching post and i'm proud of you for opening up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute paid by a talented blogger to a talented creator. She will be missed by so many who do not even know of her yet who will stumble by her creations. None of this could have been said better Kymber <3

    ReplyDelete